- a better deal for Bikes, Bicycle Users & Active Mobility
- more Greenways, bike paths, bike lanes & bike connections
- lower traffic speeds, safer roads & a bike-friendly community
- a Better Bicycle Future!
Our goals: to ensure…
- pleasant, safe, efficient & equitable conditions for bicycle use across the PA/E Council Area
- bicycle use & Active Transport generally) are integral to all Council planning activities & responsibilities
- that Active Transport becomes a major focus for Council planning & investment.
Our approach: We are a voluntary community group:
- identifying new bike routes
- liaising with other bicycle users
- promoting new initiatives & opportunities for improvement
- provide a voice for ‘practical’ & ‘every-day’ bicycle use.
Focus: Our current focus (2016-17) is on ensuring effective implementation of the Port’s Local Area Bicycle Plan 2015-2020.
Follow & Support the BUG… You can stay in touch via our:
- Regular blog posts: It’s easy – at the Follow button on this page type in your email address & click.
- Facebook page or use the Contact Form below.
- BUG Meetings: The BUG meets on the first Thursday of the month in the upstairs dining room of the Argo Cafe in Commercial Rd, Port Adelaide (dates & times are listed on this page). Anyone interested in every-day bicycle use in the PA/E Council area is welcome to attend.
Cycling Problems: Yes – you can report problems on your local road or bike path or notify SAPOL of dangerous driver behaviour. It’s easy!
Suggestions or Questions: Got a question or suggestion about bicycle use or something you’ve read here? Please use the Contact Form below or email our Secretary.