Welcome! …to the Port Adelaide Bicycle User Group – ‘PortBUG’.
- a better deal for Bikes, Bicycle Users & Active Mobility
- more Greenways, bike paths, bike lanes & bike connections
- lower traffic speeds, safer roads & a bike-friendly community
- a Better Bicycle Future!
Our goals: to ensure…
- pleasant, safe, efficient conditions for bicycle use across the PA/E Council Area
- Active Transport is considered in all Council planning activities & investment.
Our approach: We are a voluntary community group:
- identifying potential bike routes & active transport destinations
- building support with bicycle users & others in the community
- promoting new initiatives & opportunities for improvement
- provide a voice for ‘practical’ & ‘every-day’ bicycle use.
Focus: Our current focus (2016-17) is on ensuring implementation of the Port’s Local Area Bicycle Plan 2015-2020 and inclusion of cycling facilities in major transport & planning projects (such as the Northern Connector, Torrens to Torrens & Torrens Junction projects).
Follow & Support the BUG… You can support us by simply staying in touch:
- via our (more or less) monthly blog posts – just sign-up by clicking on the Follow button on this page (type in your email address & click).
- via our Facebook page or…
- by emailing us at the Contact Form below.
BUG Meetings: The BUG meets on the first Thursday of the month in the upstairs dining room of the Argo Cafe in Commercial Rd, Port Adelaide (dates & times are listed on this page). Anyone interested in every-day bicycle use in the PA/E Council area is welcome to attend.
Cycling Problems: Yes – you can report problems on your local road or bike path or notify SAPOL of dangerous driver behaviour. It’s easy!
Suggestions or Questions: Got a question or suggestion about bicycle use or something you’ve read here? Please use the Contact Form below or email our Secretary.