Welcome! …to the Port Adelaide Bicycle User Group, also known as ‘PortBUG’, members of our community working to improve things for practical ‘Every-Day’ or ‘Utility’ Bicycle Use & healthy Active Mobility across the Port Adelaide/Enfield Council Area:
Our goals: to ensure…
- a better deal for Bikes, Bicycle Users & Active Mobility use across the PA/E Council Area
- Active Transport considered in all Council planning & investment
- more Greenways, bike paths, bike lanes & bike connectivity
- lower traffic speeds, safer roads & a bike-friendly community
- a Better Bicycle Future!
Our approach: We are a voluntary community group:
- identifying potential bike routes & active transport destinations
- building support for bicycle use within our community
- promoting new initiatives & opportunities for improvement
- providing a voice for ‘practical’ bicycle use.
Focus: Our current focus (2016-17) is on ensuring implementation of the Port’s Local Area Bicycle Plan 2015-2020 and inclusion of cycling facilities in major Government-driven transport & planning projects (such as the Northern Connector, Torrens to Torrens & Torrens Junction, Hart Street Redevelopment projects).
Follow & Support the BUG… Supporting us is easy – you can do so just by staying in touch via our more or less monthly blog posts – sign-up by clicking on the Follow button on this page (type in your email address & click!)
If you’d like to get a bit more involved you can start by joining our Facebook Group, the Port Adelaide Bicycle Forum. This is a place to exchange experiences of cycling across the Port Adelaide/Enfield Council Area (as well as walking, skating, skateboarding, using mobility devices etc) and to share with your ideas, pictures and suggestions for making things Better-by-Bike!
You can also email the PortBUG with your thoughts & suggestions or use the Contact Form below. BUG Meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month in the upstairs dining room of the Argo Cafe in Commercial Rd, Port Adelaide (dates & times are listed on this page). Anyone interested in every-day bicycle use in the PA/E Council area is welcome to attend.
Cycling Problems: Yes – you can report problems on your local road or bike path or notify SAPOL of dangerous driver behaviour. It’s easy!
Latest News & Bike Plan Updates – Check the Blog Page!
Suggestions or Questions: Got a question or suggestion about bicycle use or something you’ve read here? Please use the Contact Form below or email our Secretary.