Welcome to the Port Adelaide Bicycle User Group (‘PortBUG’). We’re local residents working to improve conditions for bicycle users across the PA/E Council Area.
Our goals: A Better Bicycle Future through…
- investment in Active Mobility
- provision of Greenways & off-road Bike Paths, & improved ‘connectivity’
- lower traffic speeds, safer roads & a Bike & Walking-Friendly Community!
Our approach: Cooperative community action with Council & Government…
- to identify routes & destinations
- build support & investment
- improve infrastructure
- speak up for practical bicycle use, walking & Active Transport generally.
The Purpose of This Site: To build awareness & understanding & share the latest information about our Bike Network.
Our Current Focus: In 2021 we’ll be focussing on:
- the completion & enhancement of Port Adelaide’s Greenways
- development & implementation of a new Port Adelaide Walking & Cycling Plan
- development of a new Pt Adelaide/Enfield Integrated Transport Plan
- development of new cycleways & bicycle infrastructure.
Follow & Support the BUG… We welcome your support – start by just staying in touch…
- Get email updates from our BUG Blog – look for the Follow button above.
- Join our facebook Group… the Port Adelaide Bicycle Forum.
- BUG Meetings…Our Coordinating Group’s meetings are open to all. Held on the first Thursday of the month at 6.30pm. If you’d like to join our meeting, email Sam – our secretary – at email@example.com.
Got a Problem? You can report problems on your local road or bike path or notify SAPOL of dangerous driver behaviour. Click here to see how!
Traffic getting to you? Feeling out of touch & disheartened? There’s only one remedy! Sign-up for the BUG Blog &/or our Facebook Group for the good news – “Guaranteed to Get You Going!”
Suggestions or Questions: Got a question or suggestion about bicycle use or something you’ve read here? Please use the Contact Form below or email our Secretary.
**Active Travel logo courtesy of Sean Howes, ActiveTravelNow: https://twitter.com/activetravelnow?lang=en