Welcome! …to the Port Adelaide Bicycle User Group – the ‘PortBUG’. The BUG works to advance the cause of practical ‘every-day’ or ‘Utility’ bicycle use & health-giving Active Mobility across the Port Adelaide/Enfield Council & community:
- a better deal for Bikes, Bicycle Users & Active Mobility
- more Greenways, bike paths, bike lanes & bike connections
- lower traffic speeds, safer roads & a bike-friendly community
- a Better Bicycle Future!
Our goals: to ensure…
- pleasant, safe, efficient conditions for bicycle use across the PA/E Council Area
- that bicycle use & Active Transport are part of all Council planning activities
- that Active Transport becomes a major focus for Council planning & investment.
Our approach: We are a voluntary community group:
- identifying new bike routes & active transport destinations
- liaising with bicycle users & others in the community
- promoting new initiatives & opportunities for improvement
- provide a voice for ‘practical’ & ‘every-day’ bicycle use.
Focus: Our current focus (2016-17) is on ensuring implementation of the Port’s Local Area Bicycle Plan 2015-2020 and inclusion of cycling facilities in major transport & planning projects (such as the Northern Connector, Torrens to Torrens & Torrens Junction projects).
Follow & Support the BUG… You can support us by simply staying in touch:
- via our semi-regular blog posts – just sign-up by clicking on the Follow button on this page (type in your email address & click).
- via our Facebook page or…
- by emailing us at the Contact Form below.
BUG Meetings: The BUG meets on the first Thursday of the month in the upstairs dining room of the Argo Cafe in Commercial Rd, Port Adelaide (dates & times are listed on this page). Anyone interested in every-day bicycle use in the PA/E Council area is welcome to attend.
Cycling Problems: Yes – you can report problems on your local road or bike path or notify SAPOL of dangerous driver behaviour. It’s easy!
Suggestions or Questions: Got a question or suggestion about bicycle use or something you’ve read here? Please use the Contact Form below or email our Secretary.