Welcome! …to the Port Adelaide Bicycle User Group. We’re a local community group working to improve our cycling environment and conditions for ‘utility’ bicycle use & health-giving active mobility across the Port Adelaide/Enfield Council Area:
Our goals: we want to ensure…
- a better deal for Bikes, Bicycle Users & Active Mobility use across the PA/E Council Area
- Active Transport is considered in all Council planning & investment
- more Greenways, off-road bike paths, bike lanes & bike connectivity
- lower traffic speeds, safer roads & a bike-friendly community
- a Better Bicycle Future!
Our approach: We are a voluntary community group working with Council, Government & fellow community members to:
- identify potential bike routes & active transport destinations
- build support for bicycle use within our community
- promote new initiatives & opportunities for improvement
- provide a voice for ‘practical’ bicycle use.
Our Current Focus: Over 2018 we’re concentrating on:
- the completion & launch of the Outer Harbor Greenway
- ensuring implementation of the Port’s Local Area Bicycle Plan 2015-2020
- ensuring the inclusion of cycling facilities in major Government-driven transport & planning projects (such as the Northern Connector, Torrens to Torrens, Torrens Junction, Dock One and Port Dock Rail Station projects and the redevelopment of Hart Street, Semaphore.
Follow & Support the BUG… We welcome your support! Supporting us is easy – you can…
- Just Stay in Touch… via our more or less monthly posts at our BUG Blog – sign-up by clicking on the Follow button on this page (type in your email address & click!)
- Join Us at our facebook Forum… If you’d like to get a bit more involved & you’re into this social-media thing, you can also join our Facebook Group, the Port Adelaide Bicycle Forum. This is a great place to exchange cycling experiences, get tips, ask questions, discuss problems (and solutions) & generally share your enjoyment of cycling across the Port Adelaide/Enfield Council Area. We also welcome other Active Transport discussion – walking, skating, skateboarding, using mobility devices etc. Share with your ideas, pictures and suggestions for making things Better-by-Bike!
- Email… you can email the PortBUG with your thoughts & suggestions or use the Contact Form below. BUG Meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month in the upstairs dining room of the Argo Cafe in Commercial Rd, Port Adelaide (dates & times are listed on this page). Anyone interested in every-day bicycle use in the PA/E Council area is welcome to attend.
Got Cycling Problems? Yes – you can report problems on your local road or bike path or notify SAPOL of dangerous driver behaviour. It’s easy!
Suggestions or Questions: Got a question or suggestion about bicycle use or something you’ve read here?
Please use the Contact Form below or email our Secretary (his name’s Sam!)