Welcome to the Port Adelaide Bicycle User Group. We are local residents and volunteers working to improve conditions across the Port Adelaide/Enfield Council Area for ‘Utility’ bicycle use & secure and healthy Active Mobility for all.
Our goals: To ensure…
- a better deal for bicycle, wheelchair & mobility device users & all aspects of Active Mobility & Active Travel across the PA/E Council Area
- that Active Transport is considered in all planning & investment initiatives
- provision of more Greenways, off-road bike paths, shared-use pathways, bike lanes, local linkages & Active Travel connectivity
- lower traffic speeds, safer roads & a bike & walking-friendly community
- a Better Bicycle Future!
Our approach: Voluntary & cooperative community action, working with Council, Government & fellow members of the community:
- to identify potential bicycle & Active Transport routes & destinations
- to build strong support for bicycle use & all forms of Active Transport
- to promote new initiatives & opportunities for improved infrastructure
- to provide a voice for ‘practical’ bicycle use, walking, use of mobility devices & all other forms of Active Transport.
Our Current Focus: Over 2019 we’ll be focussing on:
- the completion & launch of the Outer Harbor Greenway
- final implementation of the Port’s Local Area Bicycle Plan 2015-2020
- development of a new Pt Adelaide/Enfield Integrated Transport Plan
- participating in development of new bikeways associated with the Northern Connector freeway, the Dock One housing development and Port Dock Rail Station project and the Port Expressway
- continuing works in the Rosewater Local Area Traffic Management Plan.
Follow & Support the BUG… We welcome your support! Supporting us is easy…
- Just Stay in Touch… via email news updates from our BUG Blog – go to the Follow button on this page, type in your email address & click!
- Join Us at our facebook Forum… you can also join our Facebook Group, the Port Adelaide Bicycle Forum. A great place to exchange cycling (and Active Transport) experiences, get tips, ask questions, discuss problems (and solutions) & generally share your enjoyment of cycling & making things Better-by-Bike!
- Email… you can email the PortBUG or use the Contact Form below.
- BUG Meetings… are open to all those interested. Held on the first Thursday of the month in the upstairs dining room of the Argo Cafe in Commercial Rd, Port Adelaide (dates & times are listed on this page). Occasionally we cancel if everyone is away – but not often!
Got a Problem? You can report problems on your local road or bike path or notify SAPOL of dangerous driver behaviour. Click here to see how!
Suggestions or Questions: Got a question or suggestion about bicycle use or something you’ve read here? Please use the Contact Form below or email our Secretary.
**Active Travel logo courtesy of Sean Howes, ActiveTravelNow, https://twitter.com/activetravelnow