Welcome to the Port Adelaide Bicycle User Group (‘PortBUG’). We’re local residents working to improve conditions for bicycle users across the PA/E Council Area.
Our goals: A Better Bicycle Future through…
- investment in Active Mobility
- provision of Greenways & off-road Bike Paths, & improved ‘connectivity’
- lower traffic speeds, safer roads & a Bike & Walking-Friendly Community!
Our approach: Cooperative community action with Council & Government…
- to identify routes & destinations
- build support & investment
- improve infrastructure
- speak up for practical bicycle use, walking & Active Transport generally.
The Purpose of This Site: To build awareness & understanding & share the latest information about our Bike Network.
Our Current Focus: In 2021 we’ll be focussing on:
- the completion & enhancement of Port Adelaide’s Greenways
- development & implementation of a new Port Adelaide Walking & Cycling Plan
- development of a new Pt Adelaide/Enfield Integrated Transport Plan
- development of new cycleways & bicycle infrastructure.
Follow & Support the BUG… We welcome your support – start by just staying in touch…
- Get email updates from our BUG Blog – look for the Follow button above.
- Join our facebook Group… the Port Adelaide Bicycle Forum.
- BUG Meetings…Our Coordinating Group’s meetings are open to all. Held on the first Thursday of the month at 6.30pm. If you’d like to join our meeting, email Sam – our secretary – at email@example.com.
Got a Problem? You can report problems on your local road or bike path or notify SAPOL of dangerous driver behaviour. Click here to see how!
Suggestions or Questions: Got a question or suggestion about bicycle use or something you’ve read here? Please use the Contact Form below or email our Secretary.
**Active Travel logo courtesy of Sean Howes, ActiveTravelNow: https://twitter.com/activetravelnow?lang=en