Welcome to the Port Adelaide Bicycle User Group – local residents working to improve conditions for ‘utility’ bicycle use & healthy active mobility for all of the community and right across the Port Adelaide/Enfield Council Area.
Our goals: we want to ensure…
- a better deal for Bikes, Bicycle Users & Active Mobility use across the PA/E Council Area
- that Council considers Active Transport in all planning & investment initiatives
- provision of more Greenways, off-road bike paths, bike lanes & bike connectivity
- lower traffic speeds, safer roads & a bike-friendly community
- a Better Bicycle Future!
Our approach: Voluntary community action, working with Council, Government & fellow community members:
- to identify potential bike routes & Active Transport destinations
- to build support for bicycle use
- to promote new initiatives & opportunities for improvement
- to provide a voice for ‘practical’ bicycle use.
Our Current Focus: Over 2018 we’re concentrating on:
- the completion & launch of the Outer Harbor Greenway
- ensuring implementation of the Port’s Local Area Bicycle Plan 2015-2020
- ensuring the inclusion of cycling facilities in major Government-driven transport & planning projects (such as the Northern Connector, Torrens to Torrens, Torrens Junction, Dock One and Port Dock Rail Station projects and the redevelopment of Hart Street, Semaphore.
Follow & Support the BUG… We welcome your support! Supporting us is easy…
- Just Stay in Touch… via email news updates from our BUG Blog – go to the Follow button on this page, type in your email address & click!
- Join Us at our facebook Forum… you can also join our Facebook Group, the Port Adelaide Bicycle Forum. A great place to exchange cycling experiences, get tips, ask questions, discuss problems (and solutions) & generally share your enjoyment of cycling across the Port Adelaide/Enfield Council Area. We also welcome other Active Transport discussion – walking, skating, skateboarding, using mobility devices etc. Share with your ideas, pictures and suggestions for making things Better-by-Bike!
- Email… you can email the PortBUG with your thoughts & suggestions or use the Contact Form below.
- BUG Meetings… are open to all those interested. Held on the first Thursday of the month in the upstairs dining room of the Argo Cafe in Commercial Rd, Port Adelaide (dates & times are listed on this page).
Got a Problem? Yes – you can report problems on your local road or bike path or notify SAPOL of dangerous driver behaviour. Click here to see how!
Suggestions or Questions: Got a question or suggestion about bicycle use or something you’ve read here? Please use the Contact Form below or email our Secretary.