This page is under construction!
It will (eventually) provide a brief description of the PA/E Bike Network and summary of what each of the Port Adelaide/Enfield Council Area’s main cycling routes offers.
1. The Outer Harbour Greenway: Ride the 21km between the Le Fevre Penninsula and the Adelaide CBD safely and easily! Most of the route is on off-road pathways or traffic-calmed local roads and railway boulevards. All main road crossings are either light-controlled or are provided with underpasses or bike bridges! The OHG connects to local cycling networks along the way. The PortBUG’s printable A4 map can be found here. DPTI Greenway page and directions here. The OHG has two sections:
1.1. The Port Adelaide Connector: This is the main Greenway between the Adelaide CBD and Parklands and the Port Adelaide Waterfront. It is quite a secure route that (when completed in July 2018) will be suitable for bike riders of all ages and abilities. Younger children should be accompanied by adults but older children should have no problems. The route is picturesque, pleasant and well lit with controlled crossings or bridges/underpasses at all main roads. There are several parks along the way as well as some coffee/food stops. Eventually we hope to see lots of signposts to local routes, shops & services as well! The PA Connectors links to a number of local bike networks and pathways and passes close to all of the rail stations between the City and Port Adelaide!
1.2. The Penninsula Pedaller: Port Waterfront to the Outer Harbour Recreation Park Lookouts – 7km, mostly quiet local roads. Route is signposted (blue and white ‘Greenway’ signs) with most of the road surface marked with Sharrows. Developed mainly as a practical and secure route for residents and workers commuting to The Port’s shops & services – see the route here. Note: Those using this route can return to Semaphore and/or Port Adelaide via the Coast Park Bikeway. Catching the train home is also easy as the route travels close to the Outer Harbour Rail Line.
2. The East-West Connector (under construction…)
3. The Barker Inlet Bikeway (under construction…)
4. Coast Park
5. The Mersey Road Bikeway
6. The Harbour Loop Path West
7. The Harbour Loop Path East (under construction…)
8. The Hart Street Bikeway (under construction…)
9. The Semaphore Road Bikeway
10. Esplanade & Victoria Road Loop
11. The Levels Bikeway (under construction…)
12. The Gawler Greenway (under construction…)
13. Military Road (under construction…)
14. Rosewater Local Area Bicycle Network (under construction…)
15. Causeway Road Bikeway (under construction…)
16. Port Expressway (under construction…)