The Port Adelaide Bicycle User Group (‘The PortBUG’) are a group of residents from Port Adelaide and its surrounding suburbs who work as volunteers, advocating for better and safer conditions and provisions for everyday bicycle use for young and old, such as:
- safer roads with improved ‘separation’ from cars and commercial traffic
- safer and better designed off-road bicycle pathways
- improved bicycle parking, especially around shops and services
- safer road crossings and intersections
- lower speed limits where appropriate
- safer routes to school
- better conditions for bicycle commuters on main roads
- completion of the City-Outer Harbour Greenway
The PortBUG also works to improve community awareness of Active Transport possibilities and to foster a richer ‘bicycle culture’.
Where: Argos Hellenic Restaurant, Upstairs Dining Room, 45 Commercial Rd, Port Adelaide (Ph: 8241 2223)
Meeting Dates for your 2014 diary:
Agenda items & any apologies – contact the Secretary,
Sam Powrie, 0414 307 413, email@example.com.