Streets for People: Hart Street Project Update! Readers may already know that this project is a joint DPTI and Port Adelaide/Enfield Council redevelopment of Hart St, Semaphore between the Jervois Bridge and Military Road. It forms part of the State Government’s Cycling and Pedestrian Safety – Safety for Vulnerable Road Users Program. Benefits will include:
- a direct link between Port Adelaide and the coast & a safer street for all road users
- a walkable environment, with better access to community facilities for everyone
- safe bike lanes, with new buffers to protect people riding bicycles
- an enhanced look and feel for Hart Street, creating a healthy, friendly neighbourhood
- removal of surplus traffic lanes, providing an appropriate & balanced road environment for everyone
- a safer road with a 50 km/h speed limit.
We’ve heard today that DPTI work will soon start on the roadway, works to upgrade the lighting having already been completed.
Construction Commences: Early August 2018
Scheduled Completion (weather permitting): October 2018.
Roads will remain open to traffic with a 25 km/h speed restriction in place while workers are on site… Questions?
- telephone: 1300 794 880
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Information: https://www.infrastructure.sa.gov.au/road_projects/streets_for_people_hart_street